Risk assessment is the most important step in the risk management. It is the most challenging part of the entire process.
Risk assessment in its broad definition is a structured procedure that evaluate qualitatively and/or quantitatively the level of risk imposed by the hazard sources identified within the installation.
In other words, risk assessment is a systematic procedure for describing and quantifying the risk associated with hazardous substance, processes, actions or events.
Process Hazard Analysis (PHA)
Process Hazard analysis is a systematic, thoroughly and mannerly approach to identify, control and evaluate possible hazardous scenario in the process.
PHA services offered by Green Circle Inc. are as follows:
- Hazard and Operability Study (HAZOP)
- Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA).
- What-If Analysis
- Hazard Identification Study (HAZID)
- Bow-Tie Analysis
- FMEA and many more…
Hazard & Operability Study (HAZOP)
HAZOP study is to carefully review a process or operation in a systematic manner to determine whether deviations from the design or operational intent can lead to undesirable consequences. This technique can be used for continuous or batch processes and can be adopted to evaluate written procedures. It enables to identify corrective actions in the form of additional controls and recommendations to be put in place to either eliminate or mitigate hazards.
Requirements in HAZOP:
- P&IDs for Process & Utilities
- HSE Risk Matrix and Response Chart
- Material Specifications and Selection Charts
- Cause and Effect Diagrams
- Heat and Mass balances
- Operations and Maintenance Manual
- Scribe (Recorder)
- Production Manager
- Project Manager
- Chemical Engineer
- Maintenance Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Instrument Engineer
- Quality Control Engineer
Role of Green Circle Inc. in HAZOP study:
- Facilitate the Study
- Suitable Simulation tool and Standard Guide
- Derive meaningful results through interactions & technical discussions
- Record and Submit the Outcome in form of Report
QRA (Quantitative Risk Assessment)
QRA is widely used in assessing the risk in Oil & Gas Installations especially refineries, tank farms, cross country pipelines, bottling plants, terminals etc. Additionally, QRA is additionally used to estimate the risks to public.
QRA will assist you 2 ingredients of risk:
- Study plant layout and storage capacity
- Software (DNV Phast & SAFETI)
- Identify hazard
- Prepare report
Study report is used to understand the significance of existing control measures and to follow the measures continuously. Wherever possible, additional risk control measures are to be adopted to reduce the risk levels.
Standard we refer "The Purple Book" - Guidelines for Quantitative Risk Assessment.
PSM – Process Safety Management
The major aim of PSM is to develop plant systems and procedures to prevent unwanted releases. PSM also address issues related to the Operability, Productivity, Stability, and Quality output of processes. Reduce exposure to lawsuits, penalties, public liability claims, and hikes in insurance premiums.
PSM is an effective safety management system that helps to prevent fires, explosions and toxic releases that could expose employees and others to serious hazards in process industries. Green Circle Inc. employs the Risk Based Process Safety (RBPS) guidelines developed by Centre for Chemical Process Safety (CCPS) and OSHA PSM guidelines
Services offered by Green Circle Inc.
- PSM Gap Analysis
- PSM Implementation
- PSM Training
At Green Circle Inc., We believe Strong Safety Culture is a key assets to any organization and our continuous efforts for providing a safe working environment to our clients. ‘The Code of Practice’ on Occupational Safety & Health and other national and international standard applicable for particular industry is carried out by our Expert Safety Auditors. Our technical and audit expertise is highly valued and appreciated across the industries wherein our team conducts studies in following areas:
- Safety Audits
- Behavior Based Safety
- Health and Safety
- OH & S
- HSE MS
- HSE Legal
- Process Safety
ZAP – Zero Accident Program
- Zero Accident Program (ZAP) 360 is behaviour based safety program aiming to achieve Zero Accident within 1 year through 360 degree approach in all type of organisations.
- ZAP is a benchmarking program & this Behaviour Based Safety process against best practices can help you identify opportunities for change to fully optimize your Return on Investment.
The other valuable safety programs provided by Green Circle Inc. are as follows
- Flare Adequacy Study
- HAZAN (Hazard Analysis) – BY ETA and FTA
- What If, FMECA, FMEA, HAZROP, PHA & Responsible Care
- HIRA (Hazard identification and risk assessment technique)
- LOPA (Layer of protection analysis)
- Safety Report
- Disaster Management Plan
- On-site/Off-site Emergency Plan
- Maximum credible Loss Scenario
- SIL-Classification & Verification
- Scaffolding Inspection & Certification
- Accident Investigation
- Business Continuity Management System
- Job Safety Assessment
- O & M Study
- Construction Safety Audit &Consulting
- EHS Manual
- Transportation Risk Assessment
- HSE Evaluation of contractors
- Construction HSE and many more...